8.01.2010

So Long San Diego, We Will Miss You

Warning: No pictures because I am a scatterbrain and I completely forgot to take them. I am annoyed with myself.

On July 1st Stuart found out that he was accepted to transfer to ASU Law School and so we had 30 days to get our lives in boxes and figure out a plan for our move to home-sweet-home Arizona. Our lease in San Diego was up on the 31st and everything felt like really perfect timing... (except for the fact that I'm 8 months pregnant)

We had so much help from family and friends during this whole experience and I really could not be more grateful. They loaded our U-Haul in a matter of one hour and then when we got to AZ it was unloaded in the same crazy-fast manner. Being {essentially} useless and not able/allowed to do anything I felt more like a traffic director or something. I just felt so lucky that we have all these amazing people in our lives that were willing to help Stuart muscle all of our heavy furniture and other belongings down 3 flights of stairs. I owe a lot of people some big favors :)

So our new home base is Mesa, AZ. We both haven't lived at "home" in so long and we're pretty excited. It's nice to move and know right where you are and how to get around. Plus it's so fun to be close to both of our families.

That is our update. Just in case you were interested... :)

Pictures next time, I promise.

11 comments:

Alisha said...

YAY! When do I get to see you??

Jes said...

yahoo! you're still really far away from me though and I dont like that! I am so happy that you get to be near all your family now! so exciting!

liz said...

that's so exciting and i know it will be nice to move home. rob and i are moving this friday back to georgia and we will be an hour and a half to my family and iam so excited, so i know you must be too! i am jealous are done moving.. we are just getting started!

Cody & Britt said...

yay!! let's get together :)

Brett and Rachel said...

Hooray! Did you find a place yet? We need to get together soon!

Ben N Nessa said...

Awesome :) You will love having family around when you welcome that sweet little baby home!

Steph said...

I bet it will be so fun to be back by your family. ASU law school is awesome...enjoy it. I want to see pictures soon....ps, do you have a name for your little one or are you making us wait in suspense?

Rachel Hagen said...

good luck with the move! I'm so jealous you get to move close to family. It'll be so nice once your little guy comes. btw, are you sad our siblings (your in-laws) aren't dating any more? i sure am...

Unknown said...

do you love being home?! i haven't decided whether or not i want to end up back in lv, cuz i think "home" is prob a lot diff now than it was when i lived there. what are your thoughts? i hope you are loving it and i'm so happy you are close to family to help out with the BABY!

annnd i'm glad you will be there next time we're in mesa :)

Ana Lee said...

What exciting news! Good luck with everything!

Lauren said...

So mad I didnt get the memo earlier!! I was so excited to see you on my SD visit, I was there for a week!