8.09.2011

My Mom's 50th Bday Party

So last weekend I helped my dad to throw my Mom her 50th birthday party and it ended up being so perfect for her. I sometimes struggle with my birthday and she is such a great example of loving the day. I should be more like that.

Menu: Hoisin Chicken Skewers, Cilantro Lime Rice, Egg Rolls, Fruit Salad, Green Salad, Barefoot Contessa Coconut Cake/Cupcakes, Browned Butter Island Cookies

*My mouth is watering just typing all of that out. I wish there had been more leftovers!

I wish I had taken pictures when all of their friends were there but I was too busy so these are just some pre-party with my immediate family and then with my mom's brother and his wife. As you can see, my baby is just ignored all the time :)


I wish I had know that this was going to happen so that I could warn her but I had no idea! I was taking pictures of her blowing out the candles and all of a sudden my brothers and Stuart decided to silly string my mom. They got her so good-I felt really bad. Stuart was super happy the plan worked as you can see in the picture. I'm so happy she is a good sport-I probably would have been mad and not laughing!

1 comment:

Ben N Nessa said...

darling pictures! and the food looks amazing! :) what a fun party!