7.25.2008

It Happened. I'm Hooked.

Last summer I had a couple of girlfriends who were obsessed with the Twilight series and they tried several times to get me to read it, but I was skeptical. I kept thinking that a love story with vampires was just not worth my time! However, my little sister, Lauren, read all 3 last month in like a week and raved about them, so I considered reading them again but quickly forgot about it with other things going on. Then Stuart's sister, Kate, came over this last Sunday for dinner and was talking about how she was so excited for the 4th one to come out... Geez! This book is everywhere! So I asked to borrow the first book (Twilight). Good thing that on Tuesday night she not only brought over the first book, but also the second, "just in case" I read it quickly and wanted the next installment. She was right. I read 2 chapters Tuesday night before I went to bed, a couple more Wednesday night, and then yesterday afternoon while Stuart took a nap I came close to finishing it! I went to sleep at around 1 last night but finished it before work at 9am this morning. I seriously could not put it down no matter how hard I tried. I would have finished it last night if my eyelids would have let me! Anyway, I loved it, and I'm really excited for the 2nd book she left. I think my weekend may already be planned out for me...

2 comments:

J & J said...

i was the same way. vampires? right. i read the entire series in a week last summer and i really can't wait for the 4th one. when you're finished with those (because you will be faster than you plan), you should read "the host" by same author. it takes awhile to get into, but once you do, you can't put it down. welcome to the fellowship my dear.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you said this. I'm in a book club, and we read romance and chick-lit novels. I'm definitely more of a chick-lit person though. Anyways, all the girls have been reading Twilight and I've been debating on reading them. I guess the debate is over now!