1.07.2010

Our Birthdays

Warning: Long post

Stuart's was on New Year's Day and we celebrated in Arizona with a "make your own pizza" party on New Year's Eve. He and his best friend Skyler are only a day apart so we had a joint party. Someone attacked the cake before they could blow out their candles, but I think they still got their wishes. Thanks for taking the picture Jenny!


Then on his actual birthday we all (Stuart's family) went to see Avatar. I want to see it again. LOVED it.


We also had a joint party at my parents' house before we had to head back to San Diego. My mom has always made my birthday cakes and this time she made this gorgeous "Buttermilk Coconut Cherry Cake". Oh my gosh it was so good!


My birthday was yesterday. (I also share a birthday with my Mother-in-Law, so Happy Birthday Abby!) We hadn't really had a lot of time for just us in the last few weeks so we went to dinner just the two of us at Mama Testa's. It was featured on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" and has the BEST fish tacos!


After that we went to Extraordinary Desserts. I've talked about this place before. It is so yummy! I could not decide between 2 items so we got an amazing Strawberry Shortcake and a Cheesecake Brownie. We could only eat half of each but that's ok.


For those of you who know me well, you know that I have had a hard time with my birthday since I turned 19. I may have stumbled upon a breakthrough. Every birthday since I turned 19 was spent in the FREEZING Utah weather. Yesterday I ENJOYED my birthday. Novel concept I know. But I'm thinking that this picture might be the perfect example of why. Open shoes in winter? I guess liking my birthday depends entirely upon my location and whether or not it is warm. I was not bred for snow.


Then after dinner and dessert we went to see Blind Side. How I have waited this long to see this movie is beyond me. Can you tell that we're movie people? I feel like I am always talking about them.


Happy birthday to us!

5 comments:

The Petersons said...

Happy Birthday to the both of you! Those desserts look so good! Yum!

Positive Petersons said...

yay!!! love you both!!

jennyandskyler said...

Happy Birthday!! I am so happy you had a wonderful birthday! And if you were here I'd go see Avatar again with you...I loved it too!

jenna said...

happy happy birthday!!!!!!!!

oh my gosh love your header. did YOU do that/???

Andrea said...

I guess this means I will continue to hate my birthday. kill me. 25?