1.03.2010

Our Two Week Break in Arizona

Stuart's finals ended on December 18th and we decided to head home to Arizona for 2 weeks (I've condensed the pictures so there is not a 25 picture post). Before we left though, we had our own little Christmas. Stuart has a brand new wardrobe and I am the proud new owner of a Canon Rebel. Yes!
I have a picture of the whole group making our Christmas plates at "As You Wish" (not pictured: Abby, Sarah, Kate, Emily, Stephanie) but I have been forbidden to post it. So I guess it is just for me. I am allowed to post the picture of me and Ashton though. So here it is. Such a fun Christmas activity! Thank you Abby!

Christmas Eve was spent at my parents' house (minus Scott on his mission-hence the Super Man "S" signs that we're making in the bottom right picture) and it is always fun to see my dad's side of the family.

Christmas Day was spent at the Petersons' and we received our Christmas Eve pajamas courtesy of Emily bringing them back from BYU-Idaho after her semester there and our cute initial shirts from Abby & Scott.
We went to the temple lights with my mom's side of the family the day or so after Christmas. I will do that every year from now on! No crowds. It was fantastic. The lights were just as pretty.

And of course, the annual Iron Chef competition. Secret Ingredients: Pure Maple Syrup and/or peppers. We made Bell Pepper/Jalapeno/Corn stuffed Pork Loin with a Maple Glaze and a Pear/Feta Salad with Maple Vinaigrette. It was so yummy! But we were beat by Sarah and Ryan. I cannot remember the name of their dish, but it was a spicy pork medallions and the butternut squash recipe from Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics. Really really good.

We also got to go out to dinner with friends that we don't get to see very often (Salus's, Scurrs and Nielsens) and shop and eat at our favorite AZ spots and shop and sleep in and shop... It was really the best 2 weeks. We're so happy that we were able to go home and see our families. Thank you for such a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:

jenna said...

i am determined to do our own iron chef one of these days. and the barefoot contessa back to basics is one of my favorite recipe books ever.
...
your outfits are amazing.
...
when i see you next i'll teach you what little i know about your camera. soooo you better get your butt here.

Sarah said...

Loved having you here. We miss you! Thank you for not posting the ulgy pictures of me!