9.11.2011

First Party

My baby turns 1 tomorrow. I'm currently a huge mixture of emotions. More on that in a future post.

Threw a party for J last night and had our family over. He didn't quite understand that it was all about him but he got lots of fun presents and had fun playing with his cousins. 



Picture banner is from the day he was born up until last week and I used this tutorial to make the balloon banner.


Oh, the band-aid on my arm? Burned it making the cake. Rotating it in the middle of the bake-time was just too difficult I guess.
Made these sandwiches, fruit salad, my MIL's pesto pasta salad, and this amazing Snickerdoodle cake found via Pinterest. It was so so good!
His very own cell phone from his cousins.
Riding Truck and Popper Vacuum: Grandma & Grandpa; Dump Truck with Legos: Nana & Papa; Cell Phone: Aunt Sarah, Uncle Ryan, Lucy, Jane, Grant; Great Grandma: TBD $50 Target Gift card; Great Aunt Wendy: Piggy Bank; Old Papa: Money and Card; Mom & Dad: Quiet Book for Church, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Oh the Places You'll Go, New Rubber Football, Basketball, Soccer Ball (because your nerf ones are ruined and chewed up by you!), Alphabet Flash Cards (Anthropologie's-I had to!), and your winter wardrobe.
I had to.
He got two different trucks and he was so excited about them.
He wanted nothing to do with the cake. This is all that happened for 5 or 10 minutes. I should have known, though, unless it's ice cream he never wants any type of junk.
Future partners in crime. They were laughing hysterically trying to push the buttons on the dishwasher.
 Until next year...

4 comments:

Jessica Beaumont said...

i can't believe he is one! the party looks like it was soo cute! you are so good.
side note- i just got hudson the same high chair ( i think) and i am so relieve to see jackson still fits in it. i was worried my little chubster would be too big for it (:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun party! Happy birthday, Jackson!

Unknown said...

You did such a great job! I especially love the balloon and picture banners!

The Petersons said...

You did such a good job with his party! I love everything! I can't believe he is 1 already! I'm sure you are feeling the same way! He is so cute and I hope to meet that little guy some day! :)