9.17.2011

One Year Pictures

 Took some one year pictures of Jack today. Even captured one as proof that he does occasionally stand on his own (he really has no interest in walking yet-he'll take a few steps between us and then decide he'd rather crawl to get where he's going-oh well) and one that shows that it takes real concentration to do so. That tongue sticking out just kills me.


I've been thinking a lot about when he was born and about how tiny and helpless he was. It's amazing to me how this year has just flown by so fast. I can remember those first few days and weeks SO clearly. I remember how scared I was: is he breathing? is his bath water too hot? is he eating enough? is he still jaundiced? ah!! I'm amazed we both came out alive sometimes. This little boy has taught me so much about love and patience and I am so grateful he is ours.

Back in time. 8 days old.



Some stuff about Jack at one year:
-Loves Goodnight Moon-it's his favorite book of all time
-Breakfast is now his least favorite meal of the day. I cannot for the life of me figure out what he wants to eat!
-about to wean from the bottle (formula is expensive! I have to finish it on principle.)
-stands on his own but doesn't like to really (we're working on it)
-says: mama, dada, baboo (peak-a-boo), ba (ball), yeh (yes), no nai (no no), buh (books)
-can point to his belly button and nose and toes (only when he's in the mood)
-favorite foods: homemade mac & cheese, peaches, watermelon, peas, turkey, cottage cheese on toast
-favorite snacks: fruit snacks, goldfish, popsicles, key lime pie yogurt
-favorite time of the day: bath time
-still hates his carseat (ahhhhhh!)
-no longer fears the vacuum or blender but I have to be right next to him or holding him while they are on
-favorite toy: his trucks and shape toys, mardi gras bead necklace, mom's lipgloss (dad is deadly serious about getting rid of the last 2-like throw them in the trash serious)
-loves sticking out his tongue and making noises
-doesn't care for watered down juice, just wants the water
-doesn't like sweets unless it's ICE CREAM (or gelato)
-is really great at being mom's grocery store helper
-OBSESSED with airplanes. As soon as he hears one he points and oohs and ahhs and watches it until he can't see it anymore
-sucks from a straw (which in turn has made me quit Diet Coke<--insert sad face-->because he throws a fit if he can't have a sip of my drink. Water for me it is.)

*Like how I'm using his name on here again? I guess if any creepers comment I'll really have to go private this time.

2 comments:

jennyandskyler said...

Happy 1st Jackson!! We are so sad we couldn't come to his party, it looked amazing and delicious!!! But he is just so cute and you guys looks like you are doing well! We will need to get together really soon!!!

Lindsey said...

So so cute! I love that picture of the two of you when he was just 8 days old, so precious! And I love your blog design