6.21.2008

Meeting For The First Time...

I'm not sure how I feel about this whole "tagging" thing Andrea, but here goes...

I don't remember the first time I met Stuart, we were about 10-years-old so I feel that it's alright if I'm pardoned for this. However, the first real memory I have of Stuart was told in our wedding announcement. He and his friend Skyler thought it would be funny if he put gum in my hair during Sunday School. I got home and my mom couldn't get it out with anything... peanut butter... vegetable oil... nothing worked! She tried to make me tell her who had done this to me but I did not want to be considered a tattle-tail so I kept quiet. She had to cut about 6 inches off of my hair. For anyone who knows me well, this was a HUGE deal. Many tears were shed and I made a point to never sit in front of Stuart in Sunday school for the remaining couple of years that we were in the same class. Stuart and his family moved to California for a few years (about ages 13-15) and I didn't really see him a lot.

Then in November 2006 our friend Kyle Rohner had me go to Stuart's apartment with him to watch a Tivo'd episode of Grey's Anatomy. He decided that he "needed" my phone number in front of about 15 people and I was too embarrassed not to give it to him! He proceeded to text me during the show and we dated off and on for the next 8 months or so. June 2007 it was on for good and we've been pretty happy ever since, I'd say!

No comments: