10.19.2011

Vegas Weekend


Well my baby turned ONE and I was in great need of a weekend alone with my husband. It was fantastic. I did not want to worry about schedules.naptime.deciding what to feed him.being the entertainment director.getting drenched at bathtime-just for 2 days so that I could get some sanity back. In case you didn't know: one year olds get into everything. You already knew that? First time mom here. Now I know. I am still working full time while Stuart finishes up Law School at ASU and I was just kinda pulling my hair out-and getting into NOTHING arguments and imposing lots of silent treatments on Stuart over NOTHING. It was definitely time for a vacation. You may think that I am talking big being able to leave my baby alone for the FIRST time overnight for 2 nights in a row... but it came right down to dropping him off at my in-laws and as soon as we got in the car to leave I started bawling because he was waving bye-bye to me so so cute. But I powered through-allowed myself 2 phone calls a day to check on him-and went to Vegas to visit friends, shop, sleep in, see a show, sift through vintage, eat YUMMY food, and sleep some more. It was good. And I am positive that I am more pleasant to be around and definitely have all my mommy batteries charged full. We are still in debates about whether or not BINGO is gambling... I felt like we were paying to play a game like you pay to go bowling but I suppose bowling doesn't necessarily have a cash prize handed to you if you get a strike. Either way, I don't care. I just liked hanging out with Brian and Ashton (how did we not get a picture? Seriously?). It was a good weekend and the most ironic part is how for the last 2 hours of our drive back I was beside myself with excitement just wanting to hold Jack and kiss his cheeks. He is my world after all.
On the way we stopped in Kingman, AZ where there are so many Antique stores. Like my no make-up look? Yeah, me too.


We went to "The Capital Grill" with our friends Billy and Carolyn. So so yummy.

Of course we watched a Bellagio fountain show. It was to " God Bless the USA". I got goosebumps.

So AMAZING!! I would see it again and recommend it to anyone.

My Spoils. The other bowls in the yellow set are on their way to my house... the dot bowl set is too. What can I say. I just loved them.


Vintage Blue Mason Jars. I already had a smaller jar (no lid) and I am so excited to make them my spring centerpiece for my table. Really though I can wait-I want Fall/Winter to last a good long while.

Yes. I finally bought the REVA flats I have been wanting for years. I love them.

Like I said, the best part was coming home to this munchkin. This was Sunday morning the day after we got home and it was like all his toys were new again. LOVE THAT.  

While we were gone he learned to open doors. That's a really fun development. My phone is being kept out of reach for fear that it will suffer death-by-drowning in my toilet. Also, he has re-discovered the toilet paper roll because of this new trick. For a while there that problem lay dormant because I would just close the door. I (read Stuart) need to do some child proofing.

3 comments:

Lacy_joy said...

I love that you got a break! I bet you are such a good mommy and wifey. We really do need to meet up in Scottsdale and eat lunch/shop. Where did you get that blue maxi skirt? love it! miss you!

Unknown said...

haah it looks like we both need to do some child proofing...but sage is standing yet...its just the drawers! haha oh my. Is this what I have to look forward to lol!

I think its time josh and I got on a little vacation too lol.

Glad you had fun!

The Cali Family said...

uh oh!! Change the doorknobs to round ones! Those are way harder. Good luck!! Glad you are all recharged :)