1.08.2009

24 Candles

Stuart made my birthday really great. He took me to sushi at Happy Sumo and then we finally did this...


bought our knives at Williams-Sonoma!! I'm beyond happy, Wusthof is my new friend. Then for my present he took me shoe shopping... but unfortunately Orem's Nordstrom held no shoes that I fell in love with, we immediately turned around and Stuart decided to get me this...

I love it!! The best part about this present is that it was on SALE! YAY! Then we went home to have this giant cupcake that I made for both of our birthdays...


This is the 2nd cake in my life that I have made from scratch and I'm pretty proud of it... I feel a little bad that mine and Stuart's "shared" birthday cake had so many pastels, but oh well. Yay for birthdays!

12 comments:

Cody & Britt said...

Happy Birthday Mo! Glad you got your knives...be careful with those Wusthofs...I almost chopped off my finger! But I still love them nonetheless.

Joy said...

What a fun birthday! I'm glad you had a good one, and I love your new watch!

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Wow! Way cute watch. And I love the giant cupcake. I really want to get one of those forms. Where did you find yours?? Looks like you had a great birthday!

elizaf said...

Morgan!! This is Eliza -- I found your blog recently and I LOVE your cupcake cake :) How cute! You did a great job.

Lauren said...

First of all...Happy Birthday!!! second of all when can we go to lunch to celebrate? Third, that has to be the cutest cake I have ever seen!

jenna said...

happy birthday! i need new knives! sell me on the ones you purchased.....:)

Ana Lee said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! I LOVE your cake! How did you make a giant cupcake, cake?

Brett and Rachel said...

Ooo, I LOVE those big cupcake pans. They always make the cake turn out so cute! And I am most definitely jealous of your knives. Although, with the amount of cooking I do around here, I might use them 10 times a year! :)

Ben N Nessa said...

Awesome Cake!!! :) Happy Birthday

Becky said...

a.MAZing cake morgan! your 2nd only? umm hello martha stewart, it is gorgeous! and so sad about your shoe endeavor (happy about the watch though!). glad you had a fun birthday. tell stuart he did a good job!

Alisha said...

That's AMAZING!! You are so good! I'm jealous It was great catching up with you the other day! COME BACK TO AZ AND VISIT ME!! Lov eyou!

Andrea said...

Morgan. i want a giant cupcake mold. Where did u find it?