1.02.2009

New Year's Eve + Stuart's Birthday

We didn't do much New Year's Eve, just dinner and a movie. New Year's in Provo is foreign for both of us because we've always been in Mesa (and most of our friends were there, too).

However, I figured that we should still document New Year's before we went out, so here is the picture.

Stuart wanted to go snowboarding for his birthday so we went to Brighton.

The view was kind of amazing. Also, our day was awesome until I decided that it would be fun to race Stuart down the mountain, caught my edge, fell hard and got a slight concussion. Good thing it was near the end of the day. However, I've had a headache ever since and I'd really like it to go away soon. Also, I think it may have ruined Stuart's birthday a little bit. I had all these plans for after we went snowboarding like: make a cake (buy candles), wrap the sunglasses he already knew he was getting, actually get dressed and go to dinner. Instead...

Stuart didn't want me to go out with a headache so we ordered pizza and he blew out the rather large scented candle we had in the kitchen. Luckily my birthday is only a few days away and I'm very willing to share the candles on my cake so that he can get a real birthday wish.

6 comments:

Alisha said...

Sorry you got a concusion! That's no fun! But I loved your posts and I hate that we missed each other too. You are the best! we still need to go to Idaho in a couple months! Love you and miss you!

Brett and Rachel said...

That definately sucks that we just missed each other.
We went to Brighton too, but your pics are a little different than ours. You missed the blizzards by about a week! Check out the amount of snow in some of our sledding pics. One time I sunk up to my waist! Just be happy you only had to endure the rain on Christmas! :)

Greg♥Amelia said...

Snowboarding sounds like a fun New Year! Definitely better than ours, we were in the middle of our move so no celebrations here. I'm now understanding what it's like to live in cold weather! Stay warm!

Steph said...

I'm so sorry about your fall! That is so cute that you and Stuart made it a fun birthday, anyway...the large scented candle is hilarious :)

I'm glad you posted pictures...you are so pretty!

Brett and Rachel said...

Happy Birthday...one day late! :) Sorry, I meant to send you a message yesterday, and then I got busy and totally forgot. Sorry I'm a bad friend. But I hope you had a great day. Happy 24!

Cody & Britt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.