8.11.2009

First 7 Days in San Diego

Our Last Day in Provo:


Packed up and ready to leave.

1st day in San Diego: We had so much help moving into our new apartment and we are so grateful. A lot of Stuart's family was in town for his Papa's 80th birthday and they came to help us unload our U-haul. It was empty in 25 minutes, not kidding. I was seriously so happy that they were there. It made things so much easier.


Days 2-7:

*Papa's 80th birthday pizza party celebration.
*In-n-Out twice... that will have to change immediately.
*Went grocery shopping because of excessive In-n-Out, had to use Garmin to get to grocery store, because I don't know where I am in this city.
*Ikea twice and I don't even love Ikea... but it's down the street and I don't get lost driving there. Thank you for braving the maze with me Abby.
*Costco 3 times: once to buy our bed (where Scott and Stuart made me lay on it in the middle of the aisle to make sure I liked it, I was so embarrassed), once to buy groceries and a fan, once to buy a second fan identical to the one we bought the day before, it was sold out, will have to go again when they've re-stocked.
*Discovered "Happy Berry", their coconut frozen yogurt is SOOOOO good. I've been craving it every day since we had it.
*Dinner at Chart House with Scott, Abby, Kate and Stephanie. Amazing. Thank you!
*Worked on projects late into the night:


The "Petersons" sign is a wedding gift from my sweet Belmont ward bishop and I decided to repaint it. The flatware holders are the result of moving in and discovering that the drawers in my kitchen are 9" wide and I didn't want to use 3 drawers for my silverware.
*Went to Body Worlds at the San Diego Natural History Museum with Kate. Not sure how Stuart liked it but Kate and I did! It was my 2nd time. The 1st time I went was when the exhibit was in Phoenix and my mom and I decided to go.


Also discovered the BIGGEST. TREE. EVER.


Then of course there is always playing at the pool (and the beach, but I'm sure there will be plenty of those pictures over the next few years).


Here's to our new adventure in our new city!

7 comments:

Greg♥Amelia said...

Congrats on the move! We lived in San Diego for a while and had a great time! I'm sure you will love it :)

argylesocks said...

So glad to hear that the move went well. We miss you though. So if you ever want to come back. Just let us know.

Katherine Fajen said...

Great idea to repaint the sign from Bishop Burt!! Looks super cute.

Lauren said...

Yay! looks like you are getting all settled in! I love how you are getting all crafty and cant wait to see your couch with the pillows! :) Wish I were in CA so we could have adventures together!

jenna said...

morgan it looks so good!!!!!

calling you today

Kenna said...

You guys look like you are settling into Cali pretty easily :) So happy for you both! Miss ya!

Wendle said...

OMG! I didn't even realize you guys were moving there! So jealous that you will be in the sunshine year round :) Maybe I'll have to come visit...