8.26.2009

I.Love.This.Picture.

This picture is just so amazing to me. I just had it sent to me by my Grandma and it immediately became my screen saver, I thought I'd share. The incredibly fashion-conscious woman on the left is my great-grandmother Betsy "Beema" Barry. She is still alive and well living in Huntington Beach, just a little way away from us. She is NINETY-EIGHT years old and still quick-as-a-whip, she can re-call her favorite memories of when she was 6 years old and she is just so fun to listen to! The woman on the right is my great-great-grandmother "Nanu". The great thing about this picture is that this was very typical, they were always dressed up (fur coat, red lipstick, hat, and corsage...) and ready for anything. (As I write this I am wearing a questionably large t-shirt and Stuart's basketball shorts. Awesome.) The white suit is Chanel {sigh} I really just can't get enough of this picture.

This is my random thought with my random picture.

3 comments:

Becky said...

am i really the first to comment on this? i LOVE this picture! i can totally see where you get your "vogueness" from. love it!

jenna said...

i LOVE vintage pics. especially this one. it makes me think our generation so boring and dull.

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.